Collection of Information
- When you register, we ask for your name, email address, and other profile information. We also request additional detail information for (but not limited to) when you decide to participate or respond to a Bid Request in order to help the Buyer make a better decision about choosing the right Supplier/Vendor.
- In the course of using our site, we automatically track certain information including your IP address, what browser you are using and the URL you just came from.
- If you engage into any monetary transaction(s) at PlanetBids, we require that you complete billing information; therefore, we collect additional information including your billing address, credit card number, name on credit card, and credit card expiration date.
- If you choose to register as a vendor at a third party client’s web site powered by PB System™ aka BidsOnline™, we may collect additional information including a federal tax identification number or Social Security Number on their behalf.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the site, we may collect such information in a specific file for you.
Use of Your Information
- We may use profile information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze site usage, and improve our site’s content, offering, and layout.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
- We use your email address, and in some situations your mailing address, phone or fax number, to contact you when necessary. (A customer service representative may follow up with a call after a Bid Request or Response to a Bid Request to ensure you are satisfied with the service.)
- We provide users with information necessary to facilitate the submission of Bid Requests and Bid Responses between buyers and suppliers. This information is specifically described to you before you submit the data. In other words, as part of our core services, we provide information you submit on Bid Request forms and Bid Response forms to other users of our Web site. Contact information of buyers who choose to be contacted at time of Bid Request submission is only released to suppliers. Such contact information can include, at the option of the buyer, the contact name, company name, street address, email address, phone and fax number.
- In the absence of a special relationship, we do not pass on your profile information to any third party without your express permission.
- We may disclose user information in special cases when we have reason to believe it is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with (either intentionally or unintentionally) PlanetBids’ rights or property, other PlanetBids users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose user information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
You are required to control your password as described in the Terms and Conditions. If you have forgotten your password, please go to the Home page of PlanetBids and click on “Forgot Your Password?” and enter your username and email in the Forgot your password” box and hit go. Your password will be emailed to you shortly thereafter.
If you have forgotten your password with any of our PB System™ aka BidsOnline™ Clients, please click on “Forgot Your Password?” from the Client’s PB System™ aka BidsOnline™ system enter your email in and hit go. Your password will be emailed to you shortly thereafter.
While the Internet is not a locked-down environment, PlanetBids places a high premium on security and privacy. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to encrypt sensitive data you send to us. Access to our site is password protected. Credit card information, federal tax identification numbers, and Social Security numbers are stored separately from other user information. The physical devices running PlanetBids reside in the country’s most respected co-location facility.
Changing or Updating Personal Information
- You have the option to change or modify information previously provided by revising your member profile online or by contacting PlanetBids via email.
- You have the option to change or modify registration information, category profile and company profile information online or by contacting PlanetBids via online support. If you are registered as a member with PlanetBids, all of the information you have provided to PlanetBids will be contained in any of your registration, your category profile(s), and your company profile.
- You have the option to change or modify your supplier detail information online when you login.
- You have the option to change or modify your payment information online any time you engage in a monetary transaction at PlanetBids (i.e. registering for its service(s) or renewal membership).
- If you are registered as a supplier through any of our PB System™ aka BidsOnline™ Clients (i.e. City, County, University, etc.), you have the option to change or modify registration information, category profile and company profile information online or by editing your vendor profile directly through the Client’s PB System™ aka BidsOnline™ contacting powered site by “Edit My Profile” or contacting PlanetBids via the “Help” section. If you are registered as vendor with any of our Clients using PB System™ aka BidsOnline™, all of the information you have provided to PlanetBids will be contained in any of your registration, your category profile(s), and your company profile.
This site may contain links to other Web sites. PlanetBids is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.