Powerful Options Provided by PB System™
PlanetBids provides a modular suite of leading eProcurement solutions to help small to large organizations automate and better manage the complete bidding process of goods, services and construction related projects, cost effectively and efficiently. All of the solutions we offer are interconnected, easy-to-use, comprehensive and streamlined to help you fulfill tasks in a timely manner, increase your productivity and significantly reduce your organization’s spend.
Vendor Management is the core of the PB System™ suite of modules. It offers a configurable and intuitive registration process to ensure that vendor registrations are complete and unique, avoiding duplicate records. Instantly gain access to vendor records, run advanced searches on multiple sets of vendor data, perform real-time verification of provided information (i.e. certifications and licenses) against third party databases, generate comprehensive reports with visual charts, and broadcast messages to selected vendors.
- Define vendor categories, classification and demographics
- Verify certification and license information for SBE, DBE, MBE, WBE, DIR and Contractor Licenses
- Category independent (NAICS, NIGP, homegrown)
- Allow vendors to register and maintain their profiles at no cost
- Automate vendor notifications
- Employ advanced search filters to identify a single or group of vendors
- Generate intricate reports and dynamic charts
- Send custom email messages to all or targeted groups of vendors
- Post news and events
- Track outreach efforts and how vendors learned about registering with your agency
- Integrate vendor information to any ERP systems (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP)
PlanetBids’ Bid Management module is the most complete web based system on the market today. Procurement agents can quickly manage the process of issuing, monitoring, conducting evaluations, and awarding formal and informal bids. More importantly, the PB System™ can handle construction and public works projects – a feature unique to the eProcurement industry. On the suppliers side, vendors can interactively search, view, and respond to bid opportunities securely over the Internet.
- Greater outreach to PlanetBids vendors across the entire network of agencies
- Timely and comprehensive bid document distribution
- E-Commerce enabled – for purchase of digital or hard-copy documents
- Automatic addendum notification and acknowledgments
- Custom email notifications
- Online Q&A management
- Secure eBidding – including line itemization, calculation w/ net terms, etc.
- Split/lump sum award capabilities
- User access management and security
- Robust ad-hoc reporting, analysis, charts and audit trails
- Sealed bids/lock box
- Bid Specification Library
- Advanced eBidding for Public Works/Construction (optional add-on)
The Contract Management module, when paired with the Vendor Management module of the PB System™, enables contract administrators, procurement and public works to maintain and retrieve up-to-date relevant information regarding contracts greatly reducing the need to search through endless documents. This module can be deployed departmentally or across an entire organization.
- Add/edit agency contract information and track changes
- Track subcontractor information
- Maintain online contract document files
- View existing and past contract history, with an audit trail
- Generate reports by vendor name, contract type, status, contract dates, PO number, title, category, etc.
- Search agreements for key information
- Schedule tasks
- Automate emails
- Generate dynamic graphs and charts
- Contract Management Compliance Tracking (optional)
- Search and share contracts with other agencies (optional)
Insurance Certificate Management
The Insurance Certificate Management module enables risk managers, procurement, public works, and contract administrators to automate, maintain and retrieve up-to-date relevant information regarding vendor or contractor insurance certificates. Paired with My Insurance, agencies and vendors can conduct all insurance related tasks within the PB System™. The Insurance Certificate Management module can be deployed departmentally or across an entire organization.
- Add/edit insurance certificates by either the agency or the vendor
- Maintain broker, agent and insurance details
- Upload ACORD certificates in PDF
- View existing and past ACORD certificates for history
- Integrate with AM Best
- Automate notification settings
- Send custom email notifications
- Use My Insurance to request insurance information from vendors (optional)
- Generate reports (e.g. vendor name, insurance type, status, certificate dates, notes, contract title, contract administrator, project names)
Business Certification / Prequalification Management
The Business Certification module enables an organization to manage their certification programs such as Small Business Enterprise, Minority, or Diversity as well as Contractor Prequalification(s). Agencies can manage, maintain and retrieve up-to-date information on vendor certifications and prequalifications. Registered vendors have access to viewing certified/prequalified vendors for potential subcontracting opportunities. The Business Certification Management module can be integrated with our Bid Management module for even greater control and reporting.
- Manage one or more certification types
- Allows vendors to apply for and self-maintain their online certifications and prequalifications
- Automate renewal notifications
- Perform random audits
- Search certified vendors and produce listings
- Comply with CADIR regulations
The Emergency Operations module enables any organization to manage, maintain and retrieve up-to-date information on vendors that provide goods and services in the event of an emergency. As a valuable addition to the existing Vendor module of the PB System™, this module can be deployed departmentally or across an entire organization.
- Identify emergency suppliers from the master database shared by other agencies
- Access to emergency categorizations (Goods, Services, Heavy Equipment, etc.)
- Comprehensive emergency vendor detail form
- Generate reports by pre-defined categories, sub-categories and additional descriptions
- Schedule automatic vendor notification emails to maintain up-to-date emergency records
- Schedule emergency vendor summary reports
- Allow unlimited user access across the organization
- A free mobile app is available for easy access from tablet or phone
- Mobile app also provides emergency offline mode in case of internet outage
Evaluation Management is offered as an add-on to the Bid Management module of the PB System™ or as a standalone feature enabling an organization to interactively conduct the evaluation process entirely online. It allows the buying officer and the evaluation committee to fairly assess a bidder’s ability to effectively execute a contract and identify the best proposal. Buying officers can assign evaluators, set evaluation criteria, attach related documents, build scoring measures, communicate with evaluators, qualify and recommend the most responsive bidder. Technical qualifications, proposal, cost, preference and presentation can be evaluated objectively, documenting the entire decision making process.
- Conduct RFP and bid evaluations
- Post schedule of meetings
- Share documents
- Check technical qualifications prior to proposal evaluation
- Create evaluation criteria
- Review and score proposals without knowledge of pricing
- Identify and record strengths and weaknesses
- Consensus scoring
- Automatic and custom email notifications
- Documentation of notes
- Unlimited evaluators
- Comprehensive reports and charts
PlanetBids’ Reverse Auction enables an organization to create and conduct a descending auction for well-defined goods or services in real-time. While the auction progresses, prices can decrease as vendors compete to offer lower bids than their competitors. Procurement professionals can monitor auction activities in real-time, run reports and make an ultimate award. Reverse Auction can be deployed to designated users, departmentally or across an entire organization. Paired with the Vendor and Bid Management modules, the system is easy-to-use, extending the buyer full control of the auction, eliminating the need for traditional third party auctioneers.
- Uses the latest advanced technology and secure bidding
- Improves competitive pricing
- Specify starting bid amounts with automatic bid extensions
- Preset decrement bidding
- View real-time dynamic charts and reports during and after bid closing
- Award online to the lowest priced qualified bidder
- Issue custom email notifications – before, during and after auction events
- Low transaction fee